Each area has a number of Points of interest, known to the player, which are initially hidden. When performing "Search" action, costing 3 Stamina, there is a chance such a hidden Point of interest to be discovered.
Chance to find[edit | edit source]
The most important parameter of a search is where is the searched Point of Interest:
- If it is villager's close search zone (the darker search zone), it is automatically discovered;
- If it is further, but still in the villager's search zone, there is a chance for it to be discovered, depending on his/hers Perception. Unsuccessful tries are still useful - the chances of those Points of interest being discovered in next search actions are increased;
- If the Point of interest is not in the villager's search zone, it is not discovered or affected in any way.
Perks[edit | edit source]
- "Scavenger" helps a lot;
- "Sharp eyed" helps;
- "Unobservant" reduces the chances of finding anything.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Try to remember where you've searched;
- Don't search in the same zone your "close search zone" once was - there can't be an undiscovered Points of interest;
- Boosting Perception is helpful when searching; Eagle potion is the easiest way to achieve it;
- Deep focus Condition (Owl's potion) reduces the chances of finding anything;
- In case you are far away from The Village and you need your Stamina for something else, searching might be a bad idea;
- New Points of interest might spawn during the Night Phase.